IoT Toolkit – read the entire API usage instructions
IoT Toolkit is a tool developed by Smart Objects to provide a set of building blocks for developers to integrate their products with the Smart Object Cloud.
The IoT Toolkit consists of the following objects:
– Resource Server: This object provides an interface for other objects in the IoT Toolkit to access and modify data from the Smart Object Cloud.
– Proxy Server: This object protects an application from being hacked by connecting it to the Internet via a special proxy server. – Event Handler: The event handler listens for specific events generated by other objects in the IoT Toolkit and passes them on to whatever application is using them.
– Alert Handler: The alert handler listens for specific alerts generated by other objects in the IoT Toolkit and passes them on to whatever application is listening for them.
– User Interface (UI): The UI provides a user interface that can be used as part of another application or as a standalone product.
– Configure Server: This complex
In this section, you will learn about the Smart Object API. The API is used to control the programmable world model and can be accessed by any other application on their network.
The API is really easy to use and doesn’t require any coding skills. Here are a few examples of how you can use it in your programs:
You want to turn on a light bulb in your living room:
Set Light_LivingRoom_On = true;
You want to turn off an LED light in your bedroom:
Set Light_Bedroom_Off = true;
The IoT Toolkit provides a set of tools and resources for creating smart objects with the intention of enabling IoT development.
The IoT Toolkit currently features the following components:
– Generic Sensor Manager
– Generic Device Manager
– Generic Gateway Management System
– Network Telemetry Hub
– Remote Logging Service
The IoT Toolkit is a library of APIs, which can be used to deploy sensor networks, smart objects and a variety of other applications.
The Iota Toolkit is an open source programming library for developing IoT and Internet-of-things (IoT) solutions. It provides software components to easily interact with various low power technologies. For example, it contains a MQTT module that can be used to connect sensors with the rest of the IP network for data streaming purposes. The MQTT module provides most basic features required to connect simple sensors such as temperature or humidity sensors.
Toolkit API usage instructions:
Create an HTTP server on port 8080 on your local computer by running this command; “curl -k https://toolkit-master.dev”
This will show you the README file which will have the list of commands available in the Toolkit API folder inside GitHub
In order to deploy a sensor node, follow these steps
The Smart Objects API is designed for developers that want to easily create interactive objects and incorporate them into their IoT application. Developers can use the Smart Objects API to create interactive objects for the following device types:
– Air Conditioners
There are two ways to make a smart object: (1) Upload your own object in the format of a 3d printer, (2) Import an existing model from Sketchfab or Google Poly.
IoT Toolkit enables developers to leverage the power of the Internet of Things and build their own IoT applications. It is a RESTful API that provides developers with easy access to the data captured by an IoT device like sensors, smart objects, and home automation devices.
The Smart Object API is an interface to configure and retrieve data from web-connected objects. It allows users to understand how their device communicates over HTTP, and how it submits data over MQTT.
Smart Object API documentation can be found here: https://iottoolkit.intel.com/docs/smart_object_API